The weekly parent update will be on hiatus next week for Thanksgiving Break.
Board of Education hosts virtual workshop
The Tulsa Board of Education is offering a free virtual workshop on the roles and responsibilities of the board and how the board governs on the public’s behalf on Monday, Nov. 29 at 6pm.
This workshop is designed for potential school board candidates and community members interested in learning more about the board of education’s focus on goals to improve student outcomes and how the public can advocate for children in our community. If you are interested in attending, please contact TPSinfo@tulsaschools.org no later than 12pm on Monday, Nov. 29.
We hope you have a fun and safe break from Monday, Nov. 22 to Friday, Nov. 26. Classes resume on Monday, Nov. 29 - we’ll see you then!
COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Dec. 4
Vaccinations are now available for all individuals ages 5 and older. Vaccinations will be available on Saturday, Dec. 4 from 9:30am - 3pm at the Education Service Center (3027 S. New Haven Ave.). Schedule your child’s appointment at www.tulsaschools.org/vaccine.
Updates to safety practices
- We are updating our COVID-19 safety practices over the next few weeks. Starting on Monday, Nov. 29, we will no longer expect masking in buildings where individuals have been eligible for vaccination for several months - this includes our stand-alone high schools and district office sites.
- We are also hopeful that starting on Tuesday, Jan. 4, we will no longer expect masking in any of our buildings - this includes elementary schools, middle and junior high schools, and 6-12 school sites. Confirmation of that change will come before winter break.
We will continue to recommend that adults and children - particularly those who are unvaccinated - wear masks indoors and when in the presence of others. Visit www.tulsaschools.org/safety for more information.
Enrollment opens on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022
Our enrollment window opens on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022. Our school teams are looking forward to welcoming students and families for shadowing days, open houses, and school tours! Look for more information about opportunities for school visits soon; some schools may already have visit dates posted on their websites.
We are also hosting three enrollment information sessions in Spanish! Meals and childcare will be provided. All session content will be presented in Spanish.
- Tuesday, Dec. 7 from 6-7:30pm at Rudisill Library (1520 N. Hartford Ave.)
- Saturday, Dec. 11 from 3-4:30pm at Martin Regional Library (2601 S. Garnett Rd.)
- Tuesday, Dec. 14 from 6-7:30pm at St. Francis Xavier Church (2515 E. 1st St.)
Tulsa Responds Health Fair
Get help with enrolling in SoonerCare and SNAP, receive a wellness check, and pick up food for free at the Tulsa Responds’ free family health fair on Saturday, Nov. 20 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Hicks Park Community Center (3443 S. Mingo Rd.). Visit www.tulsaresponds.org or call 918-900-0918 for more information.
Celebrating Native American Heritage Month
You’re invited to attend a screening of “Te Ata” on Tuesday, Nov. 30 at 7 p.m. at the Admiral Twin Drive-In (7355 E. Easton St.) in celebration of Native American Heritage Month!
2022 Teacher of the Year and Support Employee of the Year nominations open today
Nominations open today for our 2022 Teacher of the Year and Support Employee of the Year! Visit www.tulsaschools.org/2022toyseoy to share your nominations before Sunday, Dec. 5.
Tulsa Teacher Corps application
Know someone who wants to become a teacher? Click here to apply for the Tulsa Teacher Corps mid-year cohort before Tuesday, Nov. 30.